Add some spice, colour and bursts of flavour to chicken wings by adding a Tandoori spin to it. A warming appetizer for a cool Spring evening. My version here is mildly spiced yet flavourful and dairy-free.
- 3/4 cup plain nut/coconut milk yogurt
- 1.5 lb organic chicken wings
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 coins of ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- Add the washed and pat dried wings into a large mixing bowl. I like a bigger bowl so I can incorporate the spices well into the wings.
- Now add in all the ingredients along with the plain yogurt. Using your fingers, gently massage the spices into the wings, add in the oil and squeeze in some fresh lemon.
- Now place the wings in the fridge for 3-4 hours and let the marinade work it's magic.
- With a pair of tongs, place the wings on a baking tray and lay them out so they are not too close to each other.
- Your oven should be preheated to 350°. Place the baking tray into the oven and cook for 20 minutes and once golden brown, flip to the other side and continue baking for 15 minutes till both sides are crispy golden.
- Remove from the oven and plate. You can use fresh lemon and cilantro to garnish the dish.
Hope you enjoy your version of the chicken wings and hope it tickles your chi and brings you a lot of comfort and joy in mind, body and spirit.