There are several ways in which you can improve air quality
in your home.
- Buy an air monitor which measures air quality.
- Invest in a high quality air purifier.
- Air out your home frequently. Open the windows regularly to allow for some fresh air to enter your space.
- Avoid heavy scented candles, plug-ins, diffusers and air sprays. Instead opt for fresh flowers like Eucalyptus, Roses, Lilies and incorporate a variety of live plants. The large leaf plants help clean the air for you.
- Choose plant-based unscented products for your body. Try and use bars and avoid plastic bottles whenever you can.
- Limit the use of essential oil diffusers as they are high in VOC's (Volatile Organic Compounds)
- Ask about off-gassing when buying furniture.
- Opt for VOC-Free or Low-VOC paint and varnishes.
- Avoid using powders and sprays like carpet fresheners.