A savory rice crepe that is a great alternative to wheat bread. The lightness of this crepe is a great side to a curry or enjoyed as it is. Rice flour has a good amount of fiber which can lower cholesterol and may also help with weight loss.
- 1 1/2 cups of rice flour (white/brown)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 finely chopped green chillies
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 cups of water
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all the ingredients together with a fork or a whisk.
- Gently add water into the bowl and continue to incorporate it all together. The consistency should be watery and the texture of the batter, diluted.
- Your flat pan should be hot now. Pour a cup of the batter into the hot pan and watch it sizzle. You want the batter evenly spread on the pan thin and lightly.
- Now add a drizzle of oil around the edges.
- Let it cook on low-medium heat for 5 minutes and then flip it to the other side.
- The color should be golden brown with little holes around the edges. When you flip the crepe, it should be easy to turn around the edges.
- The more crispy - the better.
- Serve with a side of yogurt, curry or enjoy as is.
Hope you enjoy your version of the Indian rice crepe. Hope it tickles your chi and brings you a lot of comfort and joy in mind, body and spirit.